Care Assistants (Nights and Days) The Sandford Nursing Home, Church Stretton
£8.72 - £9.51 per hour dependant on qualifications or experience
We have three positions available:
- Permanent, part time, 28-35 hours per week (7:00am – 14:15pm or 14:00pm – 21:30pm (Mon - Sun)
- Permanent, part time, 21 hours per week (21:30pm – 8:00am (Mon - Sun)
- Permanent, full time, 31-42 hours per week (21:30pm – 8:00am (Mon - Sun)
Please specify in your application which shift you are applying for (Days or Nights) Are you looking for a new challenge?
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our Care Plus
team working as a Care Assistant at The Sandford Nursing Home. The Sandford is a 35 bed home for the elderly, caring for a range of residential and nursing clients. Rated ‘Good’ by CQC and highly respected in the local community
We are looking for someone who really cares about putting the PLUS into the lives of older people and who is determined to support our customers with compassion and empathy.
To meet the requirements of the role you will need….:
An Enhanced DBS check is required for this role
- An NVQ or equivalent qualifications in Health and Social Care (Desirable) or a willingness to work towards gaining a recognised qualification in Health and Social Care.
- A good understanding of the needs of older people
- An understanding of health and safety, privacy and dignity relating to carrying out personal care
- Values diversity and shows commitment to equal opportunities.
- Treats Team mates with an equal sense of professionalism and respect takes ownership of tasks.
As a leading local employer, we offer:
You must be able to commit to working a 4 week non-set rota
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday in each holiday year calculated on a pro rata basis (this includes bank holidays)
- Free uniform.
- Enrolment into pension scheme.
- Attractive career progression
- Funded DBS
- Full induction and shadowing system for all new starters
- Employee advice programme.
- Excellent training opportunities are provided to enhance your skills
- Competitive pay for the care sector
Does that sound like you?
If you have the experience or desire to be successful in this role and want to make a positive difference, please apply now.
If you require further information on the role responsibilities, you can contact Lisa or Jane on 01694 723290.
Find out why now is a great time to join us as one of the areas leading employers.
Making a positive difference
Homes, lives and communities