Senior Payroll Officer Stafford (Working from home)
Fixed term contract for up to 6 months
37 hours per week
Are you looking for a new challenge?
There’s never been a better time to join our award-winning business!
Housing Plus Group is one of the largest affordable housing providers in the area. We are a leading provider of quality, affordable homes, an investor in communities across Staffordshire and Shropshire and a dependable supplier of services that customers can trust.
With more than 800 colleagues we’re already one of the area’s biggest employers and we’re growing. We aim to create 100 apprenticeships in our own Group and our supply chain within five years, providing real job opportunities and fantastic career development.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Payroll Officer
to join the members of our in-house Payroll Team. You will be responsible for the effective production of the group’s payroll, including the management, training and development of the Payroll Officers and provide technical support to the Payroll Manager to meet the demands of the service.
This role will be based at Acton Court, Stafford. Initially, you will need to attend the office for training but the role will be a mixture of working from home and at the office as and when needed.Key Responsibilities:
- Support the payroll officers in the accurate delivery of all payroll’s under the Housing Plus Group, making all relevant adjustments and deductions as appropriate and dispatching all payroll documentation to employees.
- To be responsible for ensuring all employee-related expenses claims are accurately coded and authorised with all necessary supporting documentation and payments processed through the group’s payroll systems after carrying out all financial checks deemed necessary.
- To ensure the payroll is administered within the statutory and regulatory requirements for payroll production.
- To be responsible for ensuring third party payments are raised, with supporting documentation to HMRC, Pension bodies and any other deductions, and reconcile these payments to the Payroll and the Nominal Ledger Suspense Accounts.
- To support the payroll officers in the preparation of all year end returns at the end of each fiscal year in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the payroll officers and be responsible for the production of the Group’s P11d’s and associated administration.
- To support the payroll officers and payroll manager during the audit of payroll, co-ordinating data requests and meeting with internal and external auditors to ensure they have the full data requirements they need and to ensure audit regulations and requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant payroll and pension legislation (including HMRC), reporting to Directors and Board as required.
As part of our Payroll Team, we want you to have: