Support Worker (HomeLife Service)
Permanent or Bank contract
Various hours available at £8.85 per hour
Closing date: 15th February 2022
Start date: Immediate
Interviews will be held throughout the advert
Care Plus is an award-winning, leading provider of care and support in South Staffordshire and Shropshire. We offer a range of services to help our customers to live their best lives, safely and independently. As a member of our HomeLife team, you will be helping people live independently in their own homes, making every day the very best it can be for our customers.
We offer rewarding roles that come with excellent training and opportunities for personal development. We are recruiting now for our HomeLife team and are keen to find the right person to join us in the Ludlow or Craven Arms area.Could this be you?
You will provide individual support to people in their own homes and assist them with daily activities such as shopping, dealing with their post, getting back to managing their own household activities and engaging in the community around them, to help build their confidence, and promote independence and social inclusion. You will report activities completed and any concerns to the HomeLife Manager, reviewing and discussing support plans, customer wishes and needs. As part of our team, we will offer you:
As part of our team, you will need to have:
- Full induction and training (including shadowing)
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
- Excellent training opportunities to enhance your skills
- Funded DBS
- Free uniform
- Enrolment into pension scheme
- Access to a dedicated Employee Healthcare Portal, offering a range of mental health, physical care and financial wellbeing support services.
- Eye care vouchers
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Long service and retirement awards
Due to the nature of this role, it will be subject to an Enhanced DBS checkWe will be reviewing applications immediately and interviews will be arranged throughout the advertisement, therefore we reserve the right to close this advert early subject to a successful offer.Find out why now is a great time to join us as one of the areas leading employers.
- A valid driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
- The ability to communicate with, and motivate, vulnerable people
- The ability to be an effective team member
- Clear and effective verbal, written and numerical communication skills
Making a positive difference
Homes, lives and communities