Senior Care Assistant Church Stretton Permanent, 35 hours per week
£10.76 per hour
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Care Assistant
to join our Care Plus Team at The Sandford Nursing Home based in Church Stretton.
The Sandford is a 35 bed home for the elderly, caring for a range of residential and nursing clients. Rated ‘Good’ by CQC and highly respected in the local community
We are looking for someone who really cares about putting the PLUS into the lives of older people and who is determined to support our residents with compassion and empathy. As part of our Care Plus team, we want you to have:
Access to a dedicated employee support service, offering a range of mental health, physical care and financial wellbeing support services. Eye care vouchers A cycle to work scheme Free annual flu vaccinations Long service and retirement awards
- An NVQ or equivalent qualifications in Health and Social Care (Desirable) or a willingness to work towards gaining a recognised qualification in Health and Social Care.
- Previous experience as a Senior Carer and managing a team
- A good understanding of the needs of older people
- An understanding of health and safety, privacy and dignity relating to carrying out personal care
- Values diversity and shows commitment to equal opportunities
- Treats Team mates with an equal sense of professionalism and respect
- Takes ownership of tasks
- To be fully COVID-19 Vaccinated or exempt
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
An Enhanced DBS check is required for this role
As a leading local employer, we offer:
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday in each holiday year calculated on a pro rata basis (this includes bank holidays)
- Free uniform
- Enrolment into pension scheme
- Attractive career progression
- Funded DBS
- Full induction and shadowing system for all new starters
- Employee Healthcare Portal
- Excellent training opportunities are provided to enhance your skills
- Competitive pay for the care sector
We also offer a benefits package, that includes:
If you require further information on the role responsibilities, you can contact Lisa or Jane on 01694 723290. Please note, we may close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications. Don’t delay – apply today to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to growing our Care Plus service in Staffordshire and Shropshire, delivering care and support that will enable older people to continue living independently, in their own homes.
We are always happy to talk about flexible working opportunities. Our CLARITY values are a fundamental part of our culture; underpinning everything that we do and all that we are. We’re looking for dedicated people to join our HPG family, who will take the values beyond words and live them every day to ensure our customers receive outstanding services and support.
Making a positive difference
Homes, lives and communities